Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Title page, including 200-word abstract and five keywords (do not include identifying information: author's name and statement will be included prior to publication).
ArticlesSection default policy
Copyright for articles published in Human Organization are retained by the journal. As a condition of publication, the author(s) assign all rights, including subsidiary rights, to the contribution. This will enable us to register the contribution in the U.S. Copyright Office. The author will have nonexclusive license to use the article without charge after it has been published by the SfAA in any book they write or edit. When your Manuscript is accepted: Whereas the Society for Applied Anthropology is undertaking to publish the article named above, of which the undersigned is author, the author grants and assigns exclusively to the SfAA for its use all rights of whatever kind or nature now or hereafter protected by common or statutory Copyright Laws of the United States and all foreign countries in all languages and including all subsidiary rights. The exclusive rights mentioned herein shall be the property of SfAA for the period of the copyright and any renewal thereof. The SfAA, in turn, grants to the author: (a) the right of republication in any book which she/he authors or edits, without obtaining permission or making payment to the SfAA, and (b) the right to approve any translation of the material. However the SfAA requires, as a condition of this grant, that the author guarantee the original copyright notice be reproduced on the selection, i.e., : in accordance with the usual practice of reprint publications, to include the line, “Reprinted by permission from Human Organization, volume ___, number ___.”
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.